- Pussy Riot has released a new single -- "Putin Lights Up The Fires" -- in the wake of two-year jail sentences for three of its members.
- A 21-year-old Marine was killed in Afghanistan by an Afghan police officer after the two shared a meal.
- The Army suicide rate hit an all-time high in July, with 38 confirmed or suspected.
- Sharks are killed at a rate of 73 million per year -- they should be afraid of us.
- A fourth Celebrity Rehab alum has died.
- Introducing Offbeatr, a Kickstarter for the pr0n industry.
- From Collectors Weekly: The covert history of the American condom.
- From Grantland: Meet Dr. Ann McKee, the woman who could save football.
- From SunSentinel: An Air France flight, out of gas and stuck in Syria, asked passengers for gas money.
- From the Guardian: "I wish my mother had aborted me."
- If you haven't seen Hot Cheetos and Takis...
- The dad rap to end all dad raps.
- This is what happens when you shoot a shotgun like a handgun.
Look At This:
- A collection of 2012 fall movie previews based solely on their posters.
- In Quebec, a garden of decaying books.
- 3D virtual tours of the world? Yes, please!