"How To Argue With a Cat" Is The New Human's Guide To The Art Of Persuation
Author, speaker, and master persuader Jay Heinrichs has delivered the long-awaited tome that teaches how to persuade humans and cats—the world's most skeptical and cautious negotiators—with this FUN primer on rhetoric and argument. 'Cause if you can argue with a cat, you can argue with anyone...A must have book! 11.99$ on Amazon.
Via: The Purrington Post
From the New York Times bestselling author of Thank You for Arguing comes HOW TO ARGUE WITH A CAT: A Human’s Guide to the Art of Persuasion.
Cats are skilled manipulators who can talk you into just about anything without a single word (or maybe a meow or two).
They can get you to drop whatever you're doing and play with them. They can make you serve their dinner way ahead of schedule. They can get you to sit down right this instant and provide a lap. On the other hand, try getting a cat to do what you want…
While it’s hard, persuading a cat is possible. And that is what you will learn in this book. "How to Argue with a Cat" will teach you how to:
1. Hold an intelligent conversation—one of the few things easier to do with a cat than a human.
2. Argue logically, even if your opponent is furry and irrational.
3. Hack up a fallacy (the hairball of logic).
4. Make your body do the talking (cats are very good at this).
5. Master decorum: the art of fitting in with cats, venture capitalists, or humans.
6. Learn the wisdom of predator timing to pounce at the right moment.
7. Get someone to do something or stop doing it.
8. Earn any creature's respect and loyalty.
Jay’s previous book, THANK YOU FOR ARGUING: What Aristotle, Lincoln, and Homer Simpson Can Teach Us About the Art of Persuasion has been published in twelve languages and three editions.
The leading modern work on rhetoric, it is one of the top ten books assigned at Harvard. Heinrichs is one of today's most popular online language mavens, and his books are warm, witty, erudite, and truly enlightening.
- Reposted by