1. The biggest wildcat today is the Siberian Tiger. It can be more than 12 feet (3.6 m) long (about the size of a small car) and weigh up to 700 pounds (317 kg)
2. One reason that kittens sleep so much is because a growth hormone is released only during sleep.
3. Unlike dogs, cats do not have a sweet tooth.
4. A cat named Stubbs had been Mayor of a small town named Talkeetna In Alaska for 15 years.
5. A cat can't climb head first down a tree because every claw on a cat's paw points the same way. To get down from a tree, a cat must back down.
6. Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10
7. A cat's hearing is better than a dog's. And a cat can hear high-frequency sounds up to two octaves higher than a human
10. Most cats are lactose intolerant.
11. A cat's brain surprisingly very similar to a humans. It's actually almost 90% similar.
12. The Guniess World Record stopped awarding the fattest cats or any other animals in an attempt to discourage overfeeding to these animals by their owners.
13. A study showed that cats are more than capable at recognizing their owners voice... but chose to ignore it.
14. Adult cats only meow to communicate with humans. To communicate with other cats they usually, hiss or "yowl".
15. Cats can actually change their meows to manipulate humans. For example, when they are begging for your food.
16. Cats spend their majority of their time awake cleaning themselves.
17. They lick themselves clean to get your scent off them.
18. Cats are extremely sensitive to vibrations. Cats are said to detect earthquake tremors 10 or 15 minutes before humans can
19. Disneyland owns about 200 cats! Instead of paying workers to capture mice and rodents, every night the cats are released into the park to hunt down all the rodents. The park first started employing cats in the 1950's and now the program has grown tremendously.
- Reposted by