Concert of the Day: There's One Word to Describe Donald Trump’s Inauguration Concert: Sad!
Finding a performer for President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration hasn't been easy. Apparently, no one wants to show support for that reality TV gameshow host who won the presidency last month.
In November, Elton John was rumored to be performing, though, he denied the rumor. John told The Guardian: “I don’t really want my music to be involved in anything to do with an American election campaign. I’m British. I’ve met Donald Trump, he was very nice to me, it’s nothing personal, his political views are his own, mine are very different, I’m not a Republican in a million years. Why not ask Ted fucking Nugent? Or one of those fucking country stars? They’ll do it for you.”
Well, actually, they won't because neither Nugent nor Kid Rock are on the lineup.
So who are the big league performers destined to help America Rock again? According to Consequence of Sound, the good gets are:
- Nashville singer-songwriter Beau Davidson
- The Regan Years, a cover band who only plays music released during the Ronald Regan presidency. They claim to be “one of the HOTTEST 80s cover bands” — conversely, they also sound like one of the saddest.
- The Mixx, which is something of a wedding band — yeesh.
- DJ Sets by DJ Romin, DJ Young Rye, DJ Flow, and DJ Freedom. No word yet as to if DJ Barron will be making his debut.
- The Star Spangled Singers, allegedly different from USA Freedom Girls, who sang that weird Trump song a few months ago and are currently suing the president elect.
All this and probably not that much more for $350. Hopefully it goes toward a new website. Trump’s war against good design lumbers on.
- Reposted by