In celebration of National Cat Day, Cheezburger once again teamed up with Uber and the ASPCA to deliver kittens across the US and the event was another huge success! In the wake of the nationwide snuggle fest, Uber has taken the time to gather up some feel good facts about this year's kitten deliveries.
- We would have needed to deliver over 30,000 kittens to fulfill all of the #UberKITTENS requests. Thankfully there aren't that many homeless kittens! If we lined them all up, they would be taller than Mt. Everest!
- Over 200% more kittens were delivered compared to last year.
- San Francisco loves kittens the most – while Phoenix appears to be a dog city.
- #UberKITTENS was trending number two after #NationalCatDay.
- DC made it rain for kittens! Thank you for being the most generous!
- Seattleites will take home a kitten if you let them hold it long enough. High five on the most adoptions!
- All participating shelters saw increased donations and adoptions!
#UberKITTENS raised over $17,000 for participating shelters and 21 kittens were adopted across Austin, Chicago, DC, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco & Seattle!
Thanks to everyone who helped us raise some awareness for kitten adoption and congrats to all the kittehs who found forever homes and the humans they chose to go with!
If you missed the event, check out our original post here.
- Reposted by